There comes a time in ones life when you just have to step it up. One of my BIG faults (yes I have them ) is sticking with something long enough to fully get the results I want. I either don't have the motivation, I don't see the results I was expecting (quick enough), or I just get bored and lose interest. I've been thinking about what I could do to change that. I've come up with the idea to do "Twelve Months of Challenges." Each month I'll start a new challenge. You know what they say if you do something for 21 days it becomes a habit. Well if I do something for 30... I've come up with sixteen ideas I wouldn't mind becoming a habit.
Here are the challenge ideas I've came up with.
1. Dairy Free - No dairy for one month. With all the alternatives out there is should be an easy one.
2. Gluten Free - This one will not be easy.
3. No Red Meat - Easy peasy
4. No Alcohol - This will be a challenge for sure.
5. Sweet (Sugar) Free - Hard but doable.
6. Eat Clean - Eliminate all processed food from my diet. I'm not a big processed foodie to begin with.
7. 10,000 steps a everyday. - With my Fitbit this will be easy to keep track. The actual walking 10,000 steps will be the challenge.
8. Yoga - Pictures will not be included.
9. Meditation - 20 minutes every day. - I can already feel the calm from this challenge.
10. 1100-1300 Calories a day - This one will be easy. Just finding the time to keep track and enter the food.
11. Only Raw Food for a month - I'm not sure about this one.
12. Farmer Market Challenge - Only eat food from my local farmers market. (food trucks not included).
13. Exercise Challenge - 30 minutes of cardio 6 days a week.
13. Strength Training Challenge - Full body every other day or alternate upper and lower with one day off a week.
14. 30 Day Shred (DVD) Challenge - 6 days a week. This is my favorite workout DVD.
15. No Carbs after 2 pm Challenge
16. No White Carbs Challenge
This is what I have so far. I would appreciate some more suggestions.